Saturday, March 12, 2011

Week 10

Hello Everyone!
This has been one of the most challenging yet amazing weeks of my life! This week we were taught about Evangelism and Life in the Spirit by Dudley Weiner. He is actually the leader of a YWAM base in southern France. I feel like I have learned more in this week than I ever have in my entire life. He taught us using mostly stories and personal experiences so I only have about five pages of notes, but I grew so much this week. One of the biggest things I learned this week is to be a student of everything. It's so important to listen to and watch all of the little things that are going on around us. These little details that we usually don't notice are so significant. Dudley talked about what is going on on the outside of people is NOT what is going on inside of them. This really convicted me. So many times I make assumptions about people based on the way they are acting on the outside, but I have no idea what they are going through on the inside. I feel like this has totally changed the way I see people. We're all the same. I am the same as a drug addict. Dudley used an interesting analogy to show the truth of this statement. We are all like cameras, the only thing is that we all have different lenses. All of the unique things around us has helped shape our lens. I may see the world in a different way than a drug addict does, but we are both humans and we were both made in the image of God. My mind has been blown so many times this week. We did this really cool exercise in class the other day. Dudley had our class form two lines facing each other. We went from one person to the next saying whatever we felt God wanted to say to each person. It was awesome to see the way God used this to speak so clearly to me. I was a little bit nervous about having to give a word to each person, but it was AMAZING! I feel like I was blessed more by giving than receiving.

God has been teaching me a lot this week about restoration and my identity in Christ. He is really moving and working in my heart. I feel like God has freed me from some stuff this week and I feel so amazing. There is so much freedom in Christ! I feel like I am now ready to fulfill the plan that God has for my life. I am ready to step out and be who He created me to be! I have realized this week how much God likes me. He doesn't just love me! He likes me! He likes who He has created me to be. I feel like I am finally understanding who I am in Him. So many times I try to find my identity in other things, but only in Christ can I find my true identity. He is enough and He satisfies every time.

Every Wednesday we have Kingdom Night, which is just doing street ministry in downtown Denver. This week we decided to have a worship time outside in downtown Denver. Some students played guitar and sang worship songs. We also had an area where people could come and paint while we worshiped. It was amazing to see how the demeanor of the people changed! We had a really diverse group of people that came. There were homeless people, young people that were just hanging out in the area, Christians, artists, gang members, and a lot of others. Everyone was so open, and they could totally sense that something was different about us. When you bring the Kingdom of Heaven to earth crazy things happen. People that were walking along the street would stop and just stare at us. It's like they knew that something more than what met the eye was going on. God is so good! At one point a girl and I were talking to this woman who was complaining about her chest hurting. She said that the Doctors wanted to do this expensive scan on her, but she couldn't afford it. I asked if we could pray for her and she agreed. We laid hands on her and began to pray. As we were praying my hand got really hot(it was really cold outside). I asked her how is was feeling when we finished, and she said that it was feeling a lot better! I prayed again for complete healing to take place, and I am confident that God is going to completely heal her, and free her from pain. We have Jesus living inside of us. We have authority in Christ and we are called to partner with Christ to see His Kingdom come to this earth. God wants to see His people set free! All we have to do is be natural, and God will come and be supernatural! Thank you for all of the prayer and support. Thanks for partnering with me to see God's Kingdom come to the earth. I pray that you all have a blessed day.

In Christ,
Kaitlyn Couey

No comments:

Post a Comment