Tuesday, August 30, 2011

This and That

So, Jesus has been blowing my mind lately and I thought I'd share it with you. These past few weeks have been the hardest that I have personally experienced in my life. There has just been so much going on. It has been like the domino effect. One thing happened after the other and the stress was piling on. I guess I just wanted to encourage you all with a testimony of God's faithfulness. Just when I thought I was at a breaking point, God intervened. God showed me through friends, the Word, His own beautiful voice, and even a cup of coffee that He is ALWAYS with me. 1 Corinthians 10:13 says, "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." Even when it seems like you are the exception to this verse, know that God is there. He is always faithful even when you cannot feel Him. I have come to learn that when I am going through the wilderness and I can't feel God's presence or hear His voice, I can still cling to His character.

God's character is steadfast. It never changes even when we do. I have found that speaking out and declaring God's goodness and faithfulness helps me keep my eyes on Him; even when I'm feeling apathetic. So take heart, friends! God IS good, and He IS faithful! God would never put you through a situation that He Himself has not already gone through. I know that blog's are not very personal, but I feel like I'm supposed to ask if anyone needs prayer. If you are going through a wilderness, or simply need some encouragement right now, I would love to partner with you in prayer! That is what the body of Christ is all about. :) Send me an email at: katecouey@gmail.com and I'll give you my phone number! I pray that everyone is blessed and encouraged!

Love in Christ,
Kate Couey

No comments:

Post a Comment